jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I love writing, I enjoy it so much that i want to make a living at it but i don'

1. michael's son profile image60
    michael's sonposted 7 years ago

I love writing, I enjoy it so much that i want to make a living at it but i don't know how. And...

I love writing, I enjoy it so much that i want to make a living at it but i don't know how. And apparently according to everyone else I could make a killing at it if i wanted to. Could anyone out there please let me know how i can become a successful writer? Or at the least where to start?

2. accofranco profile image83
    accofrancoposted 7 years ago
  3. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

You'll find that many people who write on HubPages also write freelance. I've got several hubs about freelance writing websites and how they work if you want to check them out.

4. Smaridge01 profile image77
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

Best advice I've heard for getting started is...

Write, write, write, write, write, and then write some more. Find places like HubPages to get it out there so other people can see it and you can get feedback. But write, write, write and keep writing!

Then, while you are writing, define for yourself what you consider to be 'successful'. You will need to know what you are aiming for before you can take aim.

One more thing, based on reading your profile, I would say learn to break up your writing into smaller paragraphs. Unless you have a really compelling writing style, your readers will find it bothersome to digest such large paragraphs.

Good luck! big_smile

-Wayne

5. profile image0
    hwatson07posted 7 years ago

I have similar goals. Just this past summer, I started to add to my writing portfolio more seriously. I found websites to write for, wrote letters to the editor, etc. In the beginning, it's nearly impossible to get paid for it, so just use those opportunities to practice your craft and build up a portfolio. The money and career will come later.

Good luck!

working