jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you enjoy writing anyway, without the money?

1. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Do you enjoy writing anyway, without the money?

I get a real spiritual release from writing. Just for fun - because work writing is so formatted. What about you?

2. tnderhrt23 profile image75
    tnderhrt23posted 7 years ago

Writing has been and is entertaining, cathartic, and healing for me. I fear that if it were my sole livelihood, financially, I might be a pauper...smile...but, as it stands, as my emotional and spiritual livelihood, it has rendered me rich, indeed!

3. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Yes, it's fun to do - I'm not getting much money yet anyway haha! smile

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm not even sure if i'm making any money so i had better enjoy just writing. to me it's about getting my views out so the money thing would be a second thought.

5. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

I like writing for sharing & skills experiences.
    I joined HP although I hadn't known that I can get money.
    And till now I don't have any affiliate.
    My pleasure when someone likes or corrects my thoughts.
    Anyway, I submitted for Google Ad sence account before 3 weeks, and still waiting for response.
    No problem, If I can get money from my writings.

6. yolanda yvette profile image61
    yolanda yvetteposted 7 years ago

Absolutely.  I would write even if no one read my writing but me.  It's necessary for my well-being to write.  An audience and some money are simply added benefits.

7. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

I'm glad to hear that you all enjoy writing, so we will see some interesting hubs coming out in 2011!  And writing I see has enriched more than the wallet.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm a natural born motor mouth with strong opinions and lots to say about just about everything so it's a release for me.

9. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I venture that anyone who writes just because they expect to earn money from it, and for no other reason, would never become very good at it.   Writing is a passion to communicate; to communicate to others, to communicate with your own soul.   If you happen to be able to earn money by it, well, that's simply a bonus.

10. juice76 profile image60
    juice76posted 7 years ago

Yes I enjoy writing for fun plus I like to practice so I can get better at it. Have you read any of my hubs? Yikes I need all the practice and help I can get.

11. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I love writing.  I write just for fun, and I publish on HubPages just for fun as well. I haven't yet ventured into finding out how to make money on HubPages, but will probably be doing that soon.  Money is tight these days, so maybe I can earn a little through here.