jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Am I the only one who finds writing to be an extension of myself?

1. Peculiar author profile image56
    Peculiar authorposted 7 years ago

Am I the only one who finds writing to be an extension of myself?

Madonna said, "express yourself."  I'm not referring to her interpretation.  However, she is correct in how the brain interprets how the self puts effort to move and shake and tango in the dance of both chaos and calmness--this is life.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image59
    uncorrectedvisionposted 7 years ago

I do find that if I am not well I do not write.  I expend energy when I am writing something I like.  Sometimes I am overcome with emotions when writing something from deep inside me.  Ray Bradbury once wrote an essay about writing "R is for Rocket."  He wrote about sweating and nearly weeping while writing, as if he were possessed by what he wrote.  I welcome that feeling.

3. tnderhrt23 profile image75
    tnderhrt23posted 7 years ago

Writing, for me, is definitely an extension of myself...one I am lost without. I went through an extended period of time were I was emotionally conflicted and deeply depressed, and unable to write creatively or otherwise. It was like being lost in an endless desert, with no water! I thought I had lost the talent, and it made my heart ache with an emptiness that was almost unbearable. So I know what you are talking about. Fortunately, I found my way out of the desert and its like having my eyesight restored after a period of being blind!

4. mandyf profile image67
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

I believe very much that writing is an extension of myself. I write from what I know and my opinions. It is a release of emotion that flows to paper from within my soul. I often find out things I never knew about myself through writing.

5. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Madonna says a lot of things. But I do find writing as an extension of myself just not a serious one:)

6. stanpontiere profile image55
    stanpontiereposted 7 years ago

I write, therefore I am.

Unfortunately, the Hubpages computer thinks that this is too short an answer. But, it is, in fact, accurate.  Writing is an integral part of who I am.