Are there print publishers that feature serial fiction? If so, who are they?

1. profile image48
    AFConiglioposted 7 years ago

Are there print publishers that feature serial fiction?  If so, who are they?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

There are many women's mags that run serial fiction.  Some science fiction mags also run serial fiction, ANALOG, is the one that come to mind at the moment.
    You really need a copy of the, Writer's and Artist's Yearbook, in the UK. or its equivalent in the USA, 'Writer's Market', I believe it is called.  But even armed with one of these books, you will still need to get to your local newsagent and study the mags to see what each does and doesn't print.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

When we talk about "serial fiction" on HubPages, this usually refers to publishing several hubs with chapters of a continuing story, which then adds up to a novelette, novella or even a novel.

As far as the market for print publications, "serial fiction" has a different meaning. It usually refers to a novel followed by a sequel, perhaps even followed by yet another book in the same series. I would say that most publishers of fiction do feature such works, in fact they are some of the best earners. Oftentimes, the latter books generate more revenue than the first one, and they help keep the first book popular.

If the question means whether print publishers will consider publishing fiction that has been published on HubPages - like a novel that has been serialized as a number of hubs - I would say that publishing contracts often contain a clause saying that the works must be previously unpublished. The best way to find out is to study the submission guidelines for each publisher.

working