jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What book can you read over and over?

1. brit8741 profile image61
    brit8741posted 7 years ago

What book can you read over and over?

Do you often read books more than once? For me, it's Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Chronicles of Amber. The hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

3. sumitparihar profile image36
    sumitpariharposted 7 years ago

The monk who sold his ferrari.
    .......this my fav book........

4. tenordj profile image77
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

I honestly enjoy reading the Bible over and over. I find something new each time I read it.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

This may surprise you, since I'm an atheist, but I've been reading the Bible and the Qu'ran for years.

I keep finding more and more contradictions and accounts of horror every time I read them both.  The Bible is full of murders and ethnic cleansing while the Qu'ran is chock full of fire and brimstone... kind of like the Book of Revelations on steroids.

They are both hard reading, particularly the Qu'ran, but I like to be able to throw quotes at the very annoying street preacher types one meets from time to time trying to confirm their own beliefs by dumping them on anyone who will listen.

6. erumkhan profile image59
    erumkhanposted 7 years ago

There are loads of...............
    Harry Potter. Lord of The Rings, Pride and Prejudice, Emma,Jane eyre and lots more!!!

7. Christopher Floyd profile image61
    Christopher Floydposted 6 years ago

For me it's Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

8. hassann profile image70
    hassannposted 6 years ago

Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell. I don't keep one around because if I did, I would spend my entire time reading it.

9. ThroughGlass profile image60
    ThroughGlassposted 6 years ago

sounds a bit cheesy, but definitely have and could read the Twilight novels over and over, I'm not a 'twi-hard' .

But I liked were  those books took me.

I could also read The Book of Negros over and over.
    It was thoroughly engrossing, and hard to read.
    But it impacted me a lot. Slavery hits a touchy cord, as well as racism.

working