jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Why are so many poems based on Love or Death?

1. mylife=adventure profile image60
    mylife=adventureposted 7 years ago

Why are so many poems based on Love or Death?

My own theory is because these are the most emotional feelings we as people have but please let me know what you think about the question.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4527955_f260.jpg

2. W. K. Hayes profile image91
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

Love and Death are the two biggest parts of life. Granted, I once wrote a poem about a hair-lipped cow...but Love and Death are something we all have in common.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Every single human being is LOVE PEACE FREE to the core of their being. Poems are a way of expression that comes out of being this as an human being of which every human being is love peace free. On August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD shown me in a vision of the other side of death. So personally I know what it is like on the other side of death. Just prepare yourself spiritually on the earth because you will be at the place which your spiritual development on the earth will place you there on the other side of death. Example: If you have not gone to medical school to be a doctor or surgeon then you will not be allowed to practice this profession  with and on people while living on the earth. It is the same way over there on the other side of death as here on the earth.

4. Plarson profile image60
    Plarsonposted 7 years ago

For me, writing about Love  and Death ( I have only written about death in terms of lost love or end of summer sort a thing) has always been because i sought to find understanding of it.  While we do all share the context of "Love" and the certainty of "Death",  but I think for each person it truly is an individual journey.  In addition, I think society still frowns or scouffs at those that try to speak of Love or Death, therefore making it more readibly accepted to write about it and share "public" thoughts in a "private" setting.

5. dianne143 profile image36
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

thats because everybody can relate we  exist on this earth because of the love we have to our self and to the people around us. It is an unending process, We all know that human are very vulnerable to our emotions. And death because even if all things are not permanent but still what we had lost still be reminded to what we feel even the person is not with us anymore

6. Alya rose profile image58
    Alya roseposted 7 years ago

Because love and death are two of the greatest mysteries in the world.

7. MPCooper profile image60
    MPCooperposted 7 years ago

They are extreme topics and easy to write if you are either depressed or in love. I do agree with the other comment that we can all relate to both. What I find more interesting is that death and love existed before mankind came along. I find the idea of an afterlife just as appealing as the after love effect.

8. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Because it's much more entertaining than hearing a cycle of sonnets about tax accounting. To say that art exists for the sake of art is hypocritical, as most art runs along highly marketable lines, whether its maker acknowledges this or not.

9. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

I normally write poetry while my emotions are hyper; like, in love or at death. Poetry flows like feelings, except on paper.

10. F.B. Spannigan profile image61
    F.B. Spanniganposted 7 years ago

Because those are the best types of poems.

11. Poetic Lyrist profile image61
    Poetic Lyristposted 7 years ago

I totally agree. Life and death are both the very essence of mankind physical and emotional experiences. We all can relate in some shape, form or fashion with the two. Besides we experience them both whether we realize of it or not.

working