A novel idea....

1. profile image51
    casenagelllposted 7 years ago

A novel idea....

I Have a blog and facebook group for a conceptual idea for a series of books. I'm in Australia, and looking for some direction. I'm not a writer, more an "idea guy"....how can I push this idea further? lots have shown interest in the idea, how do I copywrite and claim it as my own?

2. Davorunner profile image83
    Davorunnerposted 7 years ago

How do you copyright? you already have! Anything you write is copywritten from the moment you write or type it. This includes love letters or to do lists. No joke.

If you're worried that someone might take it and claim it as their own, though, then what you need to do is make a definite copy with a start date on it. A word document on your computer that you've got backed up etc.

Ideas in themselves are not copyrightable. If I say "I have this idea for a story set in space" 2 things you need to know. 1 This does not copywright the whole space genre!
    and 2, if you think it's good enough to take off then pay a writer. If you're just "an idea person" then your idea will never get off the ground without one, so it will be a worthwhile investment

3. profile image51
    casenagelllposted 7 years ago

Thanks very much for the quick response...it was what i thought, and I did send back up for my proposal too two other people, just in case...
    The idea itself has already paid dividends, I have been asked to co-write a chapter in a forthcoming book....with an idea similar to what I'm interested in exploring...so I'm making a tentative start....just want to build my own foundation, also...
    Will look into local writers....thanks very much...

working