jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Are Good Ways To Come Up With Ideas, What You Want to write about if you al

1. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

What Are Good Ways To Come Up With Ideas, What You Want to write about if you already know the topic

What Are Good Ways To Come Up With Ideas, What You Want to write about if you already know the topic you want to use?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

The more that I write, the more that I then think of that I could and should write.  It's an endless cycle of profit, if you'll allow yourself to see it that way.

3. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

Write about what you enjoy & know about best or are passionate about . If you get stuck for an idea go for a walk / swim - bike ride or a shower !
    I always come back with a new idea

4. Kylo88 profile image58
    Kylo88posted 7 years ago

i've been writing for quite sometime now and i gotta tell ya, i don't think i've ever run out of new ideas. now, if you are refering to writers block on a particular story (THIS i have encountered on several ocasions) i like to watch people. go sit on a street somewhere and watch people walking by. put your created people in the shoes of the real people. observe new problems that you havent seen anyone have before. look at the people as though you were narrorating for them. i normally get some new ideas from that.

5. Hunbbel Meer profile image86
    Hunbbel Meerposted 7 years ago

I find my ideas in the smallest of things I would never have imagined to make it an idea. Believe me it is amazing. To write more hubs and articles you will have to look around at almost EVERY thing from a writer's perspective. Want to have a demo?
    You can write 3 hubs from my answer:

1. Does the smallest of things help you making ideas?
    2. A writer's vision
    3. How to come up with more ideas to write hubs? (different approaches)

Thanks to me, and you are welcome wink

6. suzybee30 profile image61
    suzybee30posted 7 years ago

I do a bit of freelance writing that sometimes requires writing 20 articles on the same subject. You have to come up with new and different ideas to make the topic interesting. If I can't think of 20 such ideas, I often go to my Internet browser and type in the topic (example: parenting) and see what the most popular searches appear. I might read a few of the articles or just make a list of article titles. This often times will start me on my way to coming up with additional ideas, concepts I didn't originally think about, etc.

7. Gyldenboy profile image58
    Gyldenboyposted 7 years ago

Exercise. For a good amount of time. Jog, walk, bike, lift weights, etc - whichever suits you best. This, will help generate ideas.

Why this works, is mainly because of increased blood flow through the brain. It's the fastest way to get new ideas.

And, keep a notepad on you at all times. Writing, tidbits of notes. Now, your not likely to use all those notes. But ideas are going to starting flowing more and more often by doing this.

I do agree, with write what you know. But, what you don't know you can always do research on later. So, never think an idea is a bad idea because your knowledge is limited. When you commit to writing, your a lifelong student from that point on. Also, any ideas you don't use might be of interest to you in the future.

Have fun. ^^

working