jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If you could turn any book you have read into a movie, what would you choose?

1. jparkerdream profile image58
    jparkerdreamposted 6 years ago

If you could turn any book you have read into a movie, what would you choose?

I know I have a list a mile long of books that I would love to see on the big screen.  I am wondering what some of your favorites are that you would like to see brought to life.

2. Gyldenboy profile image61
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

The Dark Tower series. Book one, would be enough. I could watch that, and be satisfied for a few years while production companies decide to continue or not. Whether the movies do well or not, I'll still have the books at least.

I wouldn't mind a Dark Tower game either. Someone call Rockstar, and tell them to get on it.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I would love to see The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman become a movie.  The setting for the book is beautiful and the story is amazing.  I think it would be an incredible movie.

4. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

My book, Resident Manager A Job Truly Underestimated by Most.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

A Distant Calling, by...opps...me.  A fun romantic adventure.

6. brianlokker profile image99
    brianlokkerposted 6 years ago

I would love to see a movie made from any of Michael Connelly's books that feature homicide detective Hieronymus (Harry) Bosch. Bosch is such a great character, and the books are almost uniformly both terrific stories and thoughtful character studies. The movie version of Connelly's book "The Lincoln Lawyer" is about to hit theaters in a week or so, but that one features his other primary character, Mickey Haller, whom I also like but not as much as Bosch. If a Bosch book were to be made into a movie, it might as well be the first one, "The Black Echo," and then take it from there.

7. Jarn profile image73
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Starship Troopers, and I'd make them do it right this time and follow the freaking book. Huge power suits and all.

8. Elizabeth99 profile image59
    Elizabeth99posted 6 years ago

Well, my story of course, I think film would probably do the image in my mind more justice than I am with words...

9. Sarah Masson profile image69
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

The Book Thief by Markus Zusack, would be a great movie smile

10. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

David Baldacci's The Whole Truth and Deliver Us From Evil - the central character is amazing!

11. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

Janet Evonovichs Stephanie Plum series... oh wait... they are doing it! It should be coming out this Summer. Yeah - unfortunately, I can't find the trailer for One For the Money anywhere!

12. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter. It is a great book but probably too racist to make into a  movie.

People who aren't avid readers tell me they couldn't put it down.

working