jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where can I submit my poetry book for review?

1. Jen Johnson profile image61
    Jen Johnsonposted 6 years ago

Where can I submit my poetry book for review?

I'd like to do a little marketing work with my poetry book, Napkin Poetry by Jennifer-Crystal Johnson. Does anyone know where a good place to get a review would be? Also, if anyone wants to review it on HubPages, I'd be willing to send a free signed copy. I have to limit it to 2-3 people, though.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5088194_f260.jpg

2. Davorunner profile image82
    Davorunnerposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure sorry - where'd you get it published? I'm looking to get some of my poetry and short stories published pretty soon

3. Jen Johnson profile image61
    Jen Johnsonposted 6 years ago

Hi, Davorunner:

I published it myself, actually... because of my iffy experience with traditional publishing, I decided to start my own very small independent publishing company - www.brokenpublications.com - so now I'm in the stages of learning about marketing tools and time-effective ways of getting everything out there, especially for when I publish my other authors.

What is your poetry and short story collection like? Have you ever been published before?

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

E-books would be a good source, and although they deal directly with publishers, you should give it a try. I am unsure that because you are both author and publisher if this would prove to be an issue with them.

You meet at least two of their guidelines:
    1. You are a publisher
    2. The book is in hard copy

BTW napkin poetry sounds like a new twist on poetry, I hope it does well.

I recently contacted them regarding publishing a photography book, but it's not on hard copy and I don't have a publisher. They did however give me some references for cooperative publishing.

working