jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where can I go to make a custom hard cover book?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Where can I go to make a custom hard cover book?

I write poetry and want to make a poetry book for myself. I want to find a place that is cheap, so if I decide to buy more for resale, I wont go broke doing so. Are there places online to do this? I'll probably have 50 to 100 poems in this book.

2. SamboRambo profile image82
    SamboRamboposted 6 years ago

I have done hundreds of covers, and formatted hundreds of books. Let me know the size and number of pages, and I'll give you a quote. You may also try Lulu.com. They are an on-demand publisher, which means it's automated, so they won't charge much for set-up fees. You could order one, or a hundred, and they'll charge you per book. Shipping is extra, so the more you order, the less it wll cost per book.

3. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Thanks SamboRambo! I will check out Lulu.com and keep you in mind. I'm not done yet, still trying to gather poetry together. I had so much poetry but I lost it all on my old computer, so I want to make a book so I won't ever lose it again. THANKS!

4. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

Experiment yourself, download some templates that give you the folded book size that you seek, Serif have a CD that has loads of templates. Take a digital camera, think of your theme, explore your own talent. Download your pics, play around with them, overlay titles etc. Feel comfortable to find your way. It can be fun. A good place to seek help is Epicpress   www.epicpress.co.uk/
    For a self publish it is a good place to stop, ask for Atif tell him John Townsend recommended him.

5. WriteAngled profile image83
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Somebody I know published a couple of books privately on Lulu. I bought two of them. The quality is very good, however they were quite expensive for the size. Also, the appearance of the book will depend entirely on your layout skills, or whoever you find to do it for you. The good part is that you can list the book for anyone to see, which means you might even get some other people buying copies.

6. profile image47
    brainlara2011posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5779525_f260.jpg

If you want to make a custom hard cover book then you have to visit - http://www.bencraig.co.uk/

working