What is duplicate content????? Can someone please break it down for me.

1. ek ellis profile image72
    ek ellisposted 6 years ago

What is duplicate content????? Can someone please break it down for me.

Is publishing poetry you've written for your own personal blog or another site allowed here??? Is that considered "duplicate content" I'm slightly confused with all the new changes.

2. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

If they're duplication checker software finds the material published elsewhere it will be flagged as duplicate content. With typical hubs you can try and re-word or re-write but i can see how that would defeat the purpose with poetry,Have you contacted them to see if there could be an exception made for that type of material.I suppose from they're point of view people could be cutting and pasting the poems of others. Perhaps if they're poems you've already put up on your blog etc you could write something about your style or inspiration etc. with links back to the poems on your blog etc - i can't see why that would be a prob but you never know. Maybe you'll be inspired to write some new hubpages exclusive poetry :-) GL

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

Basically if you take something that is already on the web (like a blog, message board or website) and post it on HubPages, you'll get slapped with a duplicate tag. It doesn't matter whether or not you're the original author of the work you're re-posting, HubPages wants the be the only place people can find that specific piece of writing as it will make them look more like a serious writing website (as opposed to just re-hashed content). If you get a duplicate tag, either re-word the article significantly, or delete it entirely. Nothing good has ever come of duplicates and they can effect your hubscore and revenue.