jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the toughest subject for you to write about?

1. kenneth avery profile image84
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

What is the toughest subject for you to write about?

I think that you are a fantastic writer!

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Personally, I find writing philosophical justifications ... the most tedious bit of writing.

3. rob_allen profile image86
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

I write about random stuff. But i guess, it would be better if you choose to write the things regarding your interest. That would be easier, i guess

4. MichelleA2011 profile image61
    MichelleA2011posted 6 years ago

I find that writing about myself and my life experiences the most difficult. I do not find my life overly exciting, which is probably why I am so drawn to fiction.

5. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

This is a very good question, in my opinion.

I feel that way because every subject I decide to tackle is the toughest subject for me to write about.

I mostly write about social, economic and political issues and even though those are the subjects I am the most familiar with, each piece I write is a very tough go for me.

Now that I think about it, the only subject that is easy for me to write about is ... well, I just don't know. I have trouble writing everything, even grocery lists.

6. Karen Wodke profile image62
    Karen Wodkeposted 6 years ago

the truth. fiction is so much easier. while it is often based on reality or inspired by it, it is not strictly so. notice how I didn't capitalize my sentences? I don't know why I did that this time. lol.

7. KaylaTheArtist profile image57
    KaylaTheArtistposted 6 years ago

The social stigmas surrounding mental health. Not because I can't come up with anything to write, but because I have personally dealt with it in my life and there is so much to write about it that I am passionate about.

8. The Taco Tagger profile image61
    The Taco Taggerposted 6 years ago

Personally, I think the hardest stuff for me to write about is fiction. I went to school and got a degree in writing and, even through all that time, I still find fiction the hardest thing to write. It's not writing it down that is the hard part, it's getting to a point to where I actually enjoy it myself. If that makes sense. I don't want to write something that I'm going to be bored with later on, I want to write something that I can let sit for a month or so and then come back to edit it and still be entertained.

For me this is tough. I can pump out a review (which is just my opinion) quickly when i get to actually sit down and write, and be satisfied instantly, but for me fiction is rough. Poetry is another thing that takes me forever to get too. I am definitely not the best poet nor do I think that I'm a very good one, but that something else that takes me forever to actually "finish" because even after months of being content with what I have, I still pick at the poem or story and play with it.

The writing process is never complete lol.