jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the age of magazines and newspapers dead? Do you have any magazine or newspap

1. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Is the age of magazines and newspapers dead? Do you have any magazine or newspaper subscriptions?

2. juliannekristine profile image61
    juliannekristineposted 6 years ago

I don't subscribe but I still read from our library collection. big_smile

3. mactavers profile image91
    mactaversposted 6 years ago

I continue to receive our local paper, Sedona Red Rocks, our state edition of The Arizona Republic, and a once a month neighborhood newpaper the Village Voice.  I like sitting with a cup of coffee and absorbing the little stories that don't make the TV news.  I recieve Arizona Highways and New Mexico Magazine which I save and return to again and again for the outstanding photography and ideas for future writing.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago

The printed newspaper is probably dead.  Magazines and newspapers can find a more flexible and responsive format through electronic publishing.  Books however have an appeal beyond mere electronics.  A kindle is handy but the feel and pacing of a real printed book is warm and intimate, unlike electronics.

5. Dennis AuBuchon profile image83
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I do not believe magazines and newspapers are dead they are only becoming adjusted to the age of the Internet.  You can get subscriptions to newspapers and magazines online while having the opportunity to read a printed version.

I have a magazine subscription associated with writing and I receive a magazine through a professional association to which I belong.  The age of the Internet will not eliminate magazines or newspapers only make them more available throughout the world.

working