I'm a literature major student in her research paper crisis. Please help!

1. profile image47
    nicsvilleposted 6 years ago

I'm a literature major student in her research paper crisis. Please help!

In 3 months I have to finish a 15-20 pages long research paper. I am using Patrick Suskind's "Perfume" as a primary text which I have to analyze very extensively. The body should be divided into 3 chapters. I have many ideas for the rough outline but they are very scattered: subjectivity, fragmented individual, alienation, man vs social conventions & moral codes of conduct, the purpose/meaning of life, absurdity of life...
    The problem is I have no clue how to elaborate them and write 3 long coherent chapters without repeating myself.
    So, any points I should look into? Any suggestions at all?

2. Open Thoughts profile image60
    Open Thoughtsposted 6 years ago

split up your ideas into chunks as you have done, and tie the subjects together with the ideas supported with available literature.  In what way(s) is the information you would write on these subjects useful for society?

Not sure of the requirements of the assignment but if your personal views are allowed then you can use them as well and you could possibly support those ideas in a similar way.

Hope that helps.  Good Luck.

3. profile image47
    nicsvilleposted 6 years ago

Thank you. Yes, my personal view is allowed and I will support what I can find from other sources/references with my own opinion. At the moment I'm trying to group my ideas into a somewhat coherent and logical way because otherwise I won't be able to come up with a presentable outline.

It's just that right now I'm without a proper thesis statement, so I'm still quite lost.
    But thanks anyway. I appreciate your suggestion.