jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What will you do If you saw your article in a website without you putting it the

1. krisingreen profile image60
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

What will you do If you saw your article in a website without you putting it there?

My article was copied by someone. I used to write ezine articles but I stopped since last year and I asked the administrator of that website to remove all my articles which they did but I saw one article I wrote in a different website where I'm not a member of.

2. jtyler profile image58
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I suggest you drop them an email.  If you wrote the article on hubpages, you could give them an email as well.  The lattar would probably be more effective.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

I know mine has ended up on blogs and different sites, but as long as they had my name with it and weren't stealing the work and gave credit to me I really didn't mind. I guess just depends on how you feel about it, and whether they are stealing your work or just passing  it around for others to read it.

4. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 6 years ago

Does it appear that they are claiming ownership of your article? If so, there are things you can do starting with writing to the owner of the site. Although you may be feeling angry at finding your work out there, try and make the email nice. They may be unaware that it's wrong and if so, will take it down or credit properly right away. If they are linking to your original article, then it's a good thing. The share buttons below our articles here are so people can share them and bring more traffic to your hub or website. If it was an Ezine article and your name is included with a link, they are not necessarily doing anything wrong. Ezine was built to allow people access to articles for their sites with attribution of course. The site where you found your article may have published it before you removed them from Ezine and were unaware of the change.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

If you are not getting credit for the article, consult a lawyer and see what options you have.