jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to sell an ebook?

1. graveyard-rose profile image81
    graveyard-roseposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to sell an ebook?

I made and published my first ebook. I am testing the waters on how this goes before I do anything with my book that I am currently writing. I need to know what is the best way to sell my ebook. Any ideas? (Zodiac Signs - Pieced Together)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5194659_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Valoric Fireposted 6 years ago

The main issue with releasing only in ebook format is the issue with online piracy.  PDF, epub and numerous online book formats are easily copied, traded and uploaded/downloaded everywhere online, especially torrent sites/search engines and even private trackers sources.  Same thing applies to MP3/Flac and other audio formats.  Once released to the public domain it is worldwide on the net essentially for free.  However, it's a good way of self promoting yourself as an author without advertising costs.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

In my personal opinion if you are not already skilled in running a publishing house, the best approach is to submit to an epublisher with a proven record of getting good sales.

4. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

I have written an article on publishing and selling ebooks.
    I hope this will help you.  Specially read the comment section as well where I have given a new link as well

5. Billie Pagliolo profile image60
    Billie Paglioloposted 6 years ago

The people at bookbaby.com who published my children's story, "Lucky, the Left-Pawed Puppy" for the ipad stressed the need to blog about it in creative ways. I did create a page on Facebook and was contacted by Lefty's left-handed store through that page and they now carry my ebook in their shop on CD.  BTW, link to create a page is at the bottom of facebook and very tiny, so look carefully to find it.

working