This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What words do you have trouble pronouncing correctly?

1. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

What words do you have trouble pronouncing correctly?

I can't say "rural" to save my life.  Or Worcestershire sauce.  They come out "rrrrrral" and "Wush-er-sher".

2. mareezy13 profile image60
    mareezy13posted 6 years ago

my girlfriend can't say quarter or manure...something with the endings, i guess.  it's fun to laugh at her, though!!!  smile

3. profile image0
    myster!ousposted 6 years ago

NOVEMBER - It always slips out as NOBEMVER!!

WHISPER - as WISPHER! LOL

4. mskills profile image86
    mskillsposted 6 years ago

Anesthesia. 

It always sounds right when I say it in my head, but the moment my tongue starts wagging ... cringe.  The third syllable is a killer for me, going from the 'es' sound to 'th'.  Same goes for anesthetic and anesthesiologist.

And for some reason, every time I pronounce 'bias', I ALWAYS accent the second syllable ... to the great amusement of others.

5. Charlotte B Plum profile image77
    Charlotte B Plumposted 6 years ago

This is quite a funny question!

mine is statistics! I always say statitstics, stasistics, sassistics...

6. profile image0
    Marebear2410posted 6 years ago

I have a really hard time saying "friend request"... always comes out "fwend wequest". Though I can say both "friend" and "request" just fine.. ha.

working