This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?

1. Freegoldman profile image38
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?

2. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 6 years ago

I think for some reason, people like me like to make notes at the back of my book after reading.

3. seicheprey profile image59
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Hello, the reason for the blank pages is the way the book itself is bound.  Generally a book will have one or two free end pages at the front and back, but you'll find more in the back as each section of pages stands alone.  For example: pages 1 through 50 will be printed out in a series of sheets which are then folded and cut and bound.  By the time you  get to the end there may be a large number of blank sections depending on the title, the printer, the quality of paper, and a whole list of other factors.  Basically, the pages aren't there for any special reason, they just are.smile

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is meant for readers to add in their thoughts after reading it.

It may happen that you pick up the book again some years later and wondering the contents. When you see what you had written, memories will come together again.

Some times I will write some important facts about the book after I had completed reading it.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Those were books printed on "buy one get three blank pages for free" Thursdays. . .

6. Merlin Fraser profile image76
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

It's for printing and binding purposes the total number of pages has to be divisable by 4.

7. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Merlin Fraser and seichprey are corrct. Everything is divisible by 4. It has to be. there is no other reason.

8. Freegoldman profile image38
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

Thanks too everyone for sharing such thoughts....bt its a real mystery for me...

working