What is your favourite Paulo Coelho book and why?

1. alfredfox profile image77
    alfredfoxposted 6 years ago

What is your favourite Paulo Coelho book and why?

Paulo has written many books, "The Alchemist" "Brida" "Like the Flowing River" "The Winner Stands Alone" "The Valkyries" "Eleven Minutes" and "The Fifth Mountain" to name a few. I have read all of his books apart from Brida as I am waiting for him to release another book before I read the last one that I own of his. The thought of reading Brida and having nothing left of his to read doesn't sit to well with me lol.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5374708_f260.jpg

2. alfredfox profile image77
    alfredfoxposted 6 years ago

In answer to my own question it would have to be "The Valkyries" because I really enjoyed reading about Paulo as the main character of the book. His journey to the desert was only at first about him finding answers, his wife was only tagging along as his companion, but by the end of the book his wife had found answers that she did not set out to find for herself. This gave me fond memories of when myself and my partner travelled Egypt, we travelled from the top of Cairo down to the bottom of Luxor. We went to the Pyramids of Giza and the Luxor Temple and Karnak Temple to name a few and we were both on our own paths to find the answers to our questions, especially when we spent time in the desert with the beduins. Reading about Paulo and his partner travelling together gave me many smiles and laughs and comparisons to my own life which is why it is my favourite book of all time.

3. Jennifer Grana profile image59
    Jennifer Granaposted 6 years ago

For me, I would say that it is definitely the Alchemist. It is a well written book. I love how he incorporates so many life lessons within the book. He really captures the journey through life and what we all must go through. It is like the book answered this question, Define the lessons learned in life. All in all it was a great book. I have also read Veronika Must Die by him. That was a well written book for what the topic discussed. I loved how she needed to learn so much and how the doctor pretty much said she was dying but it was her choices and transformation that made the journey longer than the doctor thought. Both were inspiring books.

working