jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Vampires: Should they glitter or burn?

1. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Vampires: Should they glitter or burn?

Until recently, most vampires have been turning into dust when the sunlight hits them. So what do you think - should vampires glitter or burn.

While I have to comment on Meyer's creative play on the matter, I think that Vampires should burn when the sunlight hits them. After all, they can't be perfect.

2. YadiraE profile image88
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

They should burn! Burn them all to heck! big_smile

3. seicheprey profile image59
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Burn, baby, burn.  I like the old school, hard core, fear the undead vampire.  No wishy washy stuff.

4. poetvix profile image68
    poetvixposted 6 years ago

I think they should burn.  As far as I know, and I am a die hard vampire genre fan, there is no vampire mythos prior where sunlight did not negatively effect the vampire.  Even with the ancients and most powerful such as Rice’s Lestat and Lumley’s best villains, even Harry, the protagonist, later when he was turned, they all still had an aversion to sunlight though they could withstand it for some time.   To me, the idea of glittering in sunlight is just too far removed from the established, be it fantastical or not, physical nature of the creature in question.

5. summerclark7387 profile image85
    summerclark7387posted 6 years ago

They don't need any bedazzling... traditional is definately better!

6. ColetteCounts profile image61
    ColetteCountsposted 6 years ago

Definitely burn, burn, burn. I completely agree with what you said. They can't be perfect, but what else can you call them if they're going to be prancing around, sucking people dry, and turning into a fairy whenever the sun happens to hit their precious, pale skin? Vampires burn. Not sparkle. End of story.

7. rikabothra profile image60
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

The old school way... definitely burn!!! I am not a fan of the whole 'glitter' business... vampires should burn when sunlight hits them!

8. trotter2099 profile image81
    trotter2099posted 6 years ago

Vampires should burn or at least crumble to dust. Glittering vampires is just really silly. What next are werewolves going to chase sticks and fetch the newspaper? Vampires are mythically evil and should burn! Supernatural entities like the Faye should glitter not vampires.

9. profile image0
    Tanmoy Acharyaposted 6 years ago

I think they should turn into water instead: that way, all their sins will be washed away!