jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What's your favorite vampire novel?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite vampire novel?

Looking for more reading suggestions here. I do not like "paranormal romance," for the most part, but I'll read an exceptional book - as long as the vampires don't sparkle. I've had about enough of Count Sparkula and his Merry Band of Emo Vampires. I'm more of an I Am Legend kind of girl. I've also read and loved Salem's Lot and Bram Stoker's Dracula, as well as Anne Rice's vampire series.

Share your favorite with me?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Moon Dance; Vampire for Hire by J.R. Rain.

A female private eye who ended up a vampire deals with kids, a divorce and trying to make a living once the sun goes down.  Lots of humor and kind of written like the old private eye novels.  Lots of fun and there are several in the series but each book is a stand alone.

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

There is only one vampire novel. Bram Stoker's Dracula. The original and still the best.

4. Cleanclover profile image43
    Cleancloverposted 5 years ago

Count dracula from bram stoker. it is the one i read and i think it is the original one.

5. isabelamadaun profile image59
    isabelamadaunposted 5 years ago

I can't think of a favorite that focuses completely on vampires, though I will admit to liking Twilight and Vampire Academy for a bit until it got old and stale.  Still, I do enjoy Jim Butcher's many varieties of vampire in his Dresden Files series.  There are three main kinds: the walking dead, the addictive hidden bat and the psyche vampires (who also happen to be the most human looking and the most seductive).  If you like those sort of things, give them a try; they're great books.

6. Steele Fields profile image76
    Steele Fieldsposted 5 years ago

Ann Rice's Interview  w/ a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, and esp. Queen of the Damned

1. Stephen Ulibarri profile image60
      Stephen Ulibarriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Vampire Lestat had me on the edge of my seat, turning pages nonstop! This is IMO one of the best out there! My absolute fav. vamp book by her is Blood and Gold. A masterpiece.

7. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

My favorite to date is "The Strain" by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.  Killer novel that just never stopped moving, and way closer to the ideal of vampires than anything else I've read so far.

8. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Most of the new novels from Jeaniene Frost. I love the way she creates her characters!

working