jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to find a vampire?

1. profile image49
    cssiouxposted 4 years ago

How to find a vampire?

how to find a vampire and not a fake energy or people who pretend to be. I am looking and researching them for a college class. I believe all this lore had to come from some where, and it cannot all be made up.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure where the vampire mythology originated, but I suspect that it's a mish-mash of sources. For example, an early disease that made people pale and sensitive to sunlight or vampire bats. And there is no shortage of blood rituals in ancient mythology. I would try researching it at your local library. As for finding a real vampire, I'm not sure anyone can help you with that.

1. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Finally, an intelligent answer to this vampire nonsense.

3. Wakerra profile image79
    Wakerraposted 4 years ago

The lore mostly comes from:  Count Dracula: A popular book.  Nosferatu: A popular German film spin-off of Dracula, with some changes, and Superstition.  The idea that Vampires are obsessive compulsive, the sign of the cross and garlic repels them, something about not being able to cross water...honestly it stems from hype and odd belief systems.  Remember the Salem Witch Trials?  People claiming to be Vampires today aren't real, nor do they stem from any real.  As much as some people wish they are real, or had some kind of "real" beginning, its not.  Though, the history of how the Vampire was formed is real, and honestly quite intriguing when you fit it in with the Middle Ages belief system etc.

working