jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is the sky blue??

1. mobias profile image72
    mobiasposted 6 years ago

Why is the sky blue??

Seriously! It is easy to google the scientific answer...but I want to see how creative my fellow hubbers' answers can get! (Ok so it's a sort of contest)
    Have fun! Be Creative! Let's see what you've got!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5475299_f260.jpg

2. Phil Plasma profile image75
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

Because if it was green we wouldn't know when to stop mowing the lawn.

3. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

the world is 3/4 full of water ... its a reflection of the water.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I learned this in 8th grade science class...and forgot probably a week later. It has something to do with the speed at which the different frequencies in the light spectrum travel. The longer low frequency waves (red, yellow, and orange) get through the atmosphere more easily and are not as disrupted by the atmosphere. The violet and blue waves get scattered around all willy-nilly due to interference in the air. So, no matter where you look, some of the blue/violet waves reach your eyes. When the sun sets, only the oranges and reds are able to reach you because the waves have to travel farther. During the trip, the blues and violets are getting scattered around all crazy-style.

5. profile image0
    writerwoman222posted 6 years ago

It could very well be a different colour other than blue, but our colour range is within the rainbow coloured spectrum. Our eyes are coded to detect various hues of this colour spectrum.

6. JamesGrantSmith profile image58
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

It involves an Elephant, 3 dwarfs, a deviant and a crowbar.

working