jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you want to become a self-published author?

1. mortimerjackson profile image57
    mortimerjacksonposted 6 years ago

Would you want to become a self-published author?

For all you wishful writers out there, do you think self-publishing is a viable option for you?

2. marwan asmar profile image81
    marwan asmarposted 6 years ago

I think yes, especially in the world of open electronic borders, where you can have an element og greater control.

3. anusha15 profile image87
    anusha15posted 6 years ago

Self Publishing does open up a lot of opportunities - being able to express yourself without the interference of your publishers is just one them, although one should take suggestions pretty seriously. So definitely yes, I would love to do that. But I'm not a published author, and this question will probably get more quality answers from published author smile

4. Melovy profile image95
    Melovyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think it is a viable option, particularly if you use Amazon’s 70% royalty Kindle option as then there is no cost upfront.  (Actually I’ve put my first novel up). I have heard of several people who have sold so well this way that they then get taken up by a traditional publisher. I am hoping that will happen for me, and even if it doesn’t -already I’ve had a few sales which is very exciting.

You do have be very sure you have edited your manuscript thoroughly first. As well as getting friends to read mine, I also got them to pass it on to people they knew who didn’t know me at all, so that I could get honest opinions!

5. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I haven't actually self-published a book but it is something I would think about seriously for the future. There are a few Hubbers who have had some success I believe with this form of publishing.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

I want to but Im still not sure if thats the rout I want to take

7. randomcreative profile image91
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Yeah, but it would depend on the topic and niche.  It works a lot better for some subjects than others.

working