Word Lore is Nerd Lore ?

1. Review-Nation profile image59
    Review-Nationposted 6 years ago

Word Lore is Nerd Lore ?

I am not a native American speaker but I always try to keep engaging me with lang..... Few of my think word lore is node lore ..... but I dont think so .... what do you believe, are they guys are right ?

2. MonetteforJack profile image73
    MonetteforJackposted 6 years ago

Yes, that is, according to Ben Zimmer who wrote the "Word Lore-Nerd Lore" article in his Word Routes column on Visual Thesaurus; and supported by the Venn diagram.

3. Shaisty-Chase-Tea profile image61
    Shaisty-Chase-Teaposted 6 years ago

jigga competition is all about word lore... the hood is reigned with literacy,,, the best poets i know are Africans, and the most seductive one for me to read is a married white man, writing about married life, using word lore, and elloquently...

i'm mo hood than youd think, rappers are scholars, and people that only like eminem are scared of real words, cause they can't understand... fear is not being able to understand; word lore...

word lore can be spoken with a silent gesture... shake his hand to see if he got a grasp on the situation at arms length, or nod your head down to a stranger and up to yo' homie of co operative pride and shared in coming prejudice...

word lore, my woman friend, is not a game for ignorant people, but the ignants like to tuck you in, by exposing your lack of personal word lore, so that that you love them, envy then and want to be them (repitition for a vernacular string)...

word lore... I just might copy this and paste it in my high art poetry group where nerd are afraid to go... word lore, don't be scared to like it, cause it's more real that the vampire haiku that i last copied and pasted from a mere facebook roleplaying game...

working