jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have a direct order price of $1.50....I thought this was per word but I was no

1. dagny roth profile image79
    dagny rothposted 6 years ago

I have a direct order price of $1.50....I thought this was per word but I was not paid per word?

Textbroker question...are the payouts established per word?  If so why am I being paid a total amount for a direct order instead of per word?  I am confused.

2. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Maybe you should contact Textbroker about that. Also when bidding on a project, finalize total cost first before starting any job. I work with Elance and I only accept projects that are financially viable for me. I find people will want 100 articles and only want to pay $25, I don't find that financially rewarding. There is a guideline that many writers use and it's $2.50 for every 500 words and that is at the lower end of the scale.

The going rate per word is approx. $.05, maybe $0.10

3. billdowis profile image60
    billdowisposted 6 years ago

Definitely take this question to textbroker, or re read the listing.

I agree that there are too many low ball bids out there for writing. I bid on projects for a respectable amount, sometimes willing to even go lower than my personal minimum if it is financially reasonable. The problem is too many writers are willing to sell their soul for $1 for a 500 word article. Unacceptable.

BTW... $.05 per word is a professional rate that is NOT found in content writing.  At 5 cents per word you would be getting $25 for a 500 word article. I have been paid close to this for some projects, but not many people are willing to pay this if there are low ball bidders around.

4. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

As Cardisa says I too work on elance.  I charge $5 -$10 per 500 word article depending on the topic. But obviously $1.5 per word as you mention is highly impossible

working