Can You Agree To Sell Your 500 Words Article For $1?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (54 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Can You Agree To Sell Your 500 Words Article For $1?

My money making strategy for the New Year is to buy 1000 articles each of 500 words at $1 per article. I will post the 1000 articles on Hubpages. I forecast that investing $1000 for 1000 articles on Hubpages will make me $1000 per month. Do you think this strategy of mine will be successful to make me easy money for the next five to ten years?

1. Ahmadahmad00112233 profile image42
      Ahmadahmad00112233posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I sold my 500 words article just $1..!

2. Ahmadahmad00112233 profile image42
      Ahmadahmad00112233posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes i sold ..!

3. Nyamweya profile image59
      Nyamweyaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

1$ is way too low

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

a 500 word article will typically cost you atleast 2$, if you outsource it to india and the content quality will be mediocre.
    If you want some quality work, I think 5$ per article will be the least expense

3. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Khmohsin, $5 per article is a lot of money. Which world do you live in?

You see, Khmohsin, the article has to be written in a good Queen’s English. I figure it out that from the world’s population of 6 billion people, there are thousands of people who are hardly making more than $1 per day but can easily write 5 articles (well written in Queen’s English) per day. I am imagining that all those developing countries that were colonized by Great Britain and are members of the Common Wealth have thousands of such people who speak and write Queen’s English.

I plan to spend $3 to place advertisements in local newspapers for each country. I will then wait for a few days and then the articles will start flowing my way.

I pray and hope the sky is the limit to the earning potential for this money making plan of mine. And I hope I am not day dreaming because sometimes the spirits in me can sometimes make me daydream.

4. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

It could work really well as long as you had done your keyword research, and that the articles written were optimized for high volume search terms with low competition. I'm not sure that 500 words is enough for HubPages though. I think you'd do better with 600 x 800 word articles.

Just my two cents - good luck with it smile

5. profile image58
    Alexpteposted 14 years ago

Where can you get good quality articles for $1? You'll find it difficult to get uinique (i.e. not spun) articles for that price.

Also, keword research is vital. If you throw up 1000 hubs on genearl topics you will be lucky to make anything. The benefit of hubs is that they can rank for long tail keywords quickly if you optimise them right.

6. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I currently write articles that are properly written and have specific keywords and density. All of this is researched prior by either myself or a client before writing and then the articles generally get a little added power with back linking. There is a lot of strategy that goes into it and I assure you that $1 per article will get you nothing but headaches. I charge a minimum of $4 and that is on a bulk quantity of atleast 150 articles. This price also does not include research.

7. Sean Leong profile image62
    Sean Leongposted 14 years ago

A 500-word article for $1?  You have got to be kidding. Over my dead body.

8. profile image0
    sord87posted 14 years ago

It is not a good strategy,It is just a trial and error,a lot of article with no profitable keywords end up with small amount  ads clicks and not much sale !Believe me I have experience this !

9. Island Tropical profile image60
    Island Tropicalposted 14 years ago

I am not very sure about that, but you can give it a try!

10. profile image49
    athardposted 14 years ago

Just remember that you get what you pay for. At the end of the day, it is better to pay $10 for a decent 500 word article than $1 for a bad article. It is rare to get a good article for just $1. No good writer will do it for so cheap.

11. wordperfect_seo profile image61
    wordperfect_seoposted 14 years ago

I don't know where you are coming from. I am from one of those countries that were colonized by Britain. And for your information, those people who can speak and write the "queens English" are not ready to get $10 for their 500 word article. And by the way, i don't know which newspapers will allow you to advertise for $3. Maybe one of those "Man eats hyena" kind of tabloids.

12. w_elizabeth profile image60
    w_elizabethposted 14 years ago

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

13. Gerber Ink profile image89
    Gerber Inkposted 14 years ago

Will you find writers to crank out $1 articles?  Yes.  Will they help you make money- that is really questionable.  Most writers who understand SEO optimization, which will help you generate those money making clicks, would charge a lot more for 500 word articles.  Personally, I'm paid $20 for articles like these in the U.S.  Good luck though.  Everyone is entitled to their dreams.

14. theboxmeister profile image61
    theboxmeisterposted 13 years ago

I don't think that someone will sell articles for such a lower price, at least not original articles

15. DowntroddenInDC profile image84
    DowntroddenInDCposted 13 years ago

think it'd be hard to find relevant articles that will make any sense at all for $1. I mean you can definitely get articles that are total nonsense, with spelling and grammatical errors for less than a dollar. However, in the long run you'll be lucky to even gain your dollar back..

So to me, this is an ill-adviced plan.

16. missymoo profile image69
    missymooposted 13 years ago

$1 per article is pretty poor pay for most writers.  Professional writers, that is.  I know there are people out there who will happily accept this as payment, but they aren't the cream of the crop.  I think if you are going to try and earn that much from Hubpages you had better be prepared to try and invest in it to start with, i.e. by investing more in the articles you buy.  Good luck and good wishes.

17. Royalmark profile image60
    Royalmarkposted 13 years ago

I could help you write articles but not at the $1 landmark... If you're willing to pay $3.50 per article per day *you could even get 4 per day if you're willing to pay $14 for 4 of them*... Mail me if you're interested... Ciao!

18. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 13 years ago

Whoooooo! $1 per article! Go to elance.com, or freelancer.com, or oDesk.com. You'll get loads of NON-ENGLISH applicants, and guaranteed you will have to rewrite them ALL.

Our last gig on oDesk was at $12 an article. Go figure. You gets woht u payz four.

Oh yeah, one of our earlier clients had a non-english writer do a bunch of articles at $4 each. We fixed them up for twice that!

19. bizijebator profile image61
    bizijebatorposted 13 years ago

where did you get writers for 1$ per 500 word article. that is just insane

20. brsecu profile image61
    brsecuposted 13 years ago

There are a ton of AMERICAN websites that will do them for $5 dollars each like fiveones.com Or you could just use some spinning software.

21. Sienna Red profile image61
    Sienna Redposted 13 years ago

No, definitely not. You can hardly find writers who would grab your offer. It can't even pay someone else's effort.

22. Shakespril profile image59
    Shakesprilposted 13 years ago

It all depends...

Anyway, that is your assumption.

23. shape_shifter profile image60
    shape_shifterposted 13 years ago

Think outside the box... In an open forum situation, it is not at all uncommon for compulsive writers to give up 500+ articles for free... How much have you been paid per article here? Different situation, sure, but get the point? Hell, give it a shot... With the right kind of motivation, you won't need to pay a cent, but you will have to live with the fact that you are shoulder-hopping.... Even easy money has a price.

24. anna20 profile image58
    anna20posted 13 years ago

May God wish u all the best. The success in Hub of your articles depends how much popular your Article is. If it is written on very popular topic then you can more than you have mentioned.

25. karhubpages profile image58
    karhubpagesposted 13 years ago

no way.  I never sell my article to such a lower price.  It's very hard to get quality articles at this price.  You can get good articles from $5 to 100 or even more.   Any way all the best for your money making program. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Paid-To-Write This hub may help you further

26. fresh2def05 profile image82
    fresh2def05posted 13 years ago

A good place to look is Textbroker.com There are writers on that site who are willing to write articles of any size for cheap.

27. gvannorman150 profile image62
    gvannorman150posted 13 years ago

As a writer I will tell you that you are not going to be successful.  I say this because most cheap writers that you are going to find will just crank out a bunch of spun and copied crap. 

Remember that writing is a job to these guys.  The more you pay the better your return.  It is simple business philosophy.  So, if you are really interested in making money by investing $1000.  Try going with 200 articles of 500 words each.  Spend $1/100 words or $5 per article.

You get less content, the quality is going to be quite higher and you will be a bit more satisfied.

28. umairraja51 profile image60
    umairraja51posted 13 years ago

Yes, it your good strategy to earn income in this way but first search in market that $1 is enough for your articles , may be you earn more for your articles after searching in the market.

From
    ali
    http://www.LoanAndFinance.visainfo4u.com

29. Andrew Gubb profile image57
    Andrew Gubbposted 13 years ago

Pay people what an article is worth - 20 dollars or so.

It's still a way better investment than stocks, real estate or pretty much anything else.

30. Ibrahim K. Shafin profile image59
    Ibrahim K. Shafinposted 12 years ago

I know it's very late to answer the question but still I am wanting to give an answer.

Though I am not that much satisfied with $1 per article, but I can do it for you because 1000$ is not bad at the end of the day.

It won't take much time for me to finish the job. But I want to get $10 as soon as I submit you 10 Articles. And another $20 for next 20 articles. I'm telling you this because this is a relationship of trust and the trust will be stronger by this. And I hope you'll pay me through PayPal because it's the only method I feel convenient with.

I am not telling that I'll write every article myself but I'm promising you that each and every one will be thoroughly and easily readable , commentable, understandable & informative. It will be original for sure, you may feel free to check each one with CopyScape.com .

If you are satisfied with the offer, then please contact me.

P.S.
    I don't promise any fixed amount of money you can make from each articles. I don't promise fixed page views. There are totally upto you. But you can easily submit some of the articles to article directories, (such as- ezinearticles.com, for getting backlinks).

31. profile image51
    secretbonusposted 12 years ago

Did you ever think that of the 6 billion people in the world most don't have a computer, and of those that do many don't speak english? Of those that do, how many willing to write for $1 a day will write high enough quality posts? Generally the people that write $1 will spin the articles, meaning it will be low quality duplicate content that you can't expect hubpages to approve and keep. It can be done though, but the quality of $1 article is usually bad. If you really want to find such a thing, you probably will have to go through lots of bad writers until you find someone good and to hang onto them, you may have to give them a raise at some point. Plus you could risk losing your hubpage account if you post duplicate, low quality content that many times.

I think Robert Kiyosaki once said, "if you're going to be cheap, be cheap when you're buying liabilities, not assets."

32. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 12 years ago

to see just how bad  spun articles can be, i've posted some examples here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mass-Article-Co … Duplicates

any spun article will take more than $1's worth of your time to repair

33. mediaspin profile image59
    mediaspinposted 12 years ago

Let me get this straight, you're buying articles that somebody else wrote and posting them at Hubpages alongside other members here who write them from scratch. Am I missing something? Here I thought Hubpages was for writers with original material! You might want to consider that if you wrote something original you might make more than $1 per article. Much more in fact. Ever try blogging?

34. Torch Harrison profile image70
    Torch Harrisonposted 12 years ago

I get so tired on Hubpages of reading all these get-rich-quick formulas without doing any work yourself.  You really believe you can buy all the content and make a fortune?  Good luck.  I'd be damned if I'd put that kind of work out for a lousy buck...no decent writer worth his salt would.

35. deaidrah profile image59
    deaidrahposted 12 years ago

I believe God hardened the heart of that King to show who He (God) was. He had to show Himself to his people. His strength, His power and His faithfulness to them dispite their circumstances. That is why I think He hardened that man's heart.

36. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image72
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 12 years ago

This makes me wonder how many of the 200+ hubs you have posted here are actually your own work.

As for me, I do not turn over anything 500 words for $1.

37. drspaniel profile image83
    drspanielposted 12 years ago

My friend... I don't know about you, but I'd much rather gain money from something i did personally, than I paid someone else to do... Plus I thought HubPages had a grudge against people who used content that wasn't theirs in their hubs?

38. profile image0
    mayank786posted 11 years ago

If you want to earn money from the articles so you need great article with correct grammar, no spun, unique and very clear and as i have an experience of two year writing of article i will tell that the person who pays less get worst article and the person who pays more will get the beat article.

39. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

Good luck with that, but it is a lazy man's way of making money or attempting to. I am a freelance writer (outside of HubPages) and charge $10 for 100 words. As others have said, "you get what you pay for." I doubt that most of the articles you buy for $1.00 will even meet HubPages standards let alone make you much money.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's a 10 year old thread. Things were a lot different back then big_smile

1. mireland19 profile image89
        mireland19posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do wonder though ... did he ever do it? We are all still writing our own and he might be raking in thousands. LoL

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Maybe. She has 264 articles. Not many on the network sites and not recently updated.

https://hubpages.com/@ngureco

2. DrMark1961 profile image94
        DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Like that website Fiver. Does it even exist anymore? Did they change their name to Sixer?

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No, it’s tenerr now lol.

40. mireland19 profile image89
    mireland19posted 4 years ago

Oh, well, that plan must have failed then! smile

41. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

I saw this one awhile back because somebody bumped it and wanted to comment on it but didn't because I knew someone would object to bumping an old thread. But anyway, I think it's funny how this post is like a parody of some sort; and a lot of the writers are AWOL.

42. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

My son is an artist and he (like most artists) has people ask him to do a free original piece of art for them saying, " It will give you some good exposure." He always tells them that people can die from exposure.

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love that

2. CYong74 profile image95
      CYong74posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's a really good one!

3. profile image0
      Rembrainposted 4 years agoin reply to this

+1!

4. DrMark1961 profile image94
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That seems to be a common reason people give me for writing on their blog. Next time that happens I will have to remember his excellent reply!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)