jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where is the best place to publish a book?

1. BakerRambles profile image87
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

Where is the best place to publish a book?

2. Tim Matthews2011 profile image59
    Tim Matthews2011posted 6 years ago

Google iUniverse or Tate Publishing.  They'll send you information upon request and call you within a couple of days. About to be sending in my first manuscript to Tate Publishing for a review.

3. lex123 profile image67
    lex123posted 6 years ago

You can check with smashwords.com for publishing as ebooks. They will distribute the books to several platforms. You can also check with amazon.com for kindle publishing, and createspace for print publishing.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

This may sound archaic to say, but I would recommend searching for an agent before searching for a publisher. (Unless you already have an agent). With the ease of self-publishing these days, a lot of writer's are forgetting the traditional channels for book publication. The first step is finishing the book. The second step is writing a query letter and summary. The third step is submitting to agents. Getting an agent will have someone in your corner who knows the legal mumbo-jumbo and WANTS to see your book published. They also have connections to get it onto the desk of the publishing company that really matters. They don't charge up-front (so I'm told), but rather represent you based on their personal faith in what you've written and its marketability. Then, after it is published, they get a percentage of your profits.

5. bookkus profile image70
    bookkusposted 4 years ago

If you are serious about doing it yourself and making money then think about Amazon Directly, Kobo Directly, Barnes and Noble Directly, and Lightning Source. it is more work, but you receive more money. Otherwise go for Smashwords as a distributor and focus your time on marketing. They take some of your $$ though...