jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is clicking on hubbers ad cheating?

1. daisyf1305 profile image77
    daisyf1305posted 6 years ago

Is clicking on hubbers ad cheating?

I click on ads I admit some are interesting others are whatever. I do it because I feel google is cheating on us. google makes millions on ads on our work and we barely see pennies. NOW they have even cut our pay, and we take it. So to help out fellow writers I click

2. Gaizy profile image83
    Gaizyposted 6 years ago

I don't think cheating is a good idea, because once Google gets wind of it, they will probably penalise us all (again). However, I see no problem in clicking on an ad that genuinely interests you, and if you chose to click on those ads here at Hubpages rather than clicking on those same ads elswhere - then good on you! If we all did that then we would all be helping each other without cheating.

3. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

Let's be friends!!! haha ya nothing is more exciting than looking onto Adsense and seeing a big whopping click! Especially those 2 dollar ones! Sometimes us hubbers just need a little motivation smile

4. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is cheating to click on someone else's Google Adsense Ads. You could get them banned and you should not be doing this! We have had this discussion in the forums and that was the conclusion.

Even though it is all one big website and clicking on someone else's ads is almost like clicking on your own. It's a big no-no and you could be harming someone else.

I had the same question when I first started, too, but like I said, there was a big discussion in the forums about this topic a few months ago, and it was cleared up.

Take care.

5. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I am sure Google love it when three year children (like mine) click on the ads since three year olds can now surf the net for children's videos on Youtube. There are probably hundreds of millions of dollars and maybe billions that go down the drain every year because if the way Google Adsense works.
    I used to be an Adwords advertiser and found that most clicks were from completely useless origins. Google don't care because you still have to pay the bill. Of course they must appear to care but Adsense is just a massive money monster and nothing else.

6. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

gaizy definitely said it best if it genuinely interest you then yes click on it but don't just go click crazy as we will all probably feel the consequences.

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

Paul Edmondson  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67737#post1483104

"Clicking on other people's ads is a big no,no and will likely result in getting banned from AdSense and HubPages."