jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

For those of you who are harry potter fans...

1. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

For those of you who are harry potter fans...

Okay... we know that the european school of witchcraft and wizardry is "hogwarts", the french is Beauxbatons and the swedish is Durmstrang.... so if there were an American, Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, Antarctic or African school, what do you think their names would be?

And if you're feeling really philosophical, where abouts would the schools be located and what would the school look like? (i.e. in a castle, somewhere in the outer countrysides of london)

2. meow48 profile image73
    meow48posted 6 years ago

i really like this question.  hummmnnnn.  the American school would be in appalachia, buried deep with in a mountain. perhaps in the smokey's where the mist would provide camoflage... the school's name would be......um, possumhollar? or maybe, bootleggins.... not very creative, i know, but this is really fun for those who are creative.... as for the canadian school?  polar bear central?  for the mexican, federally central? brazil... amazonia, i think i had better quit while i am ahead, really.... but this was a great question, thankyou for sharing it with us.

3. yusefblack profile image59
    yusefblackposted 6 years ago

Hmmm, since meow already picked mountains for America, I m gonna go with the grand canyon, hidden in rock somewhere smile, and name, has to be some ancient name, Native American??!  Tseeyota  (some combination making 'great rock')

4. BenjaBenja profile image60
    BenjaBenjaposted 6 years ago

I think it should be in the White Mountains of the northeast, and it should be called Goosefoots. Here's why! (1) The Northeast is home to a bunch of nation-renown schools so it won't seem strange that a bunch of kids are flocking there in late summer.  (2) The building itself doesn't have to be hidden because it will have charms and spells disguising it from muggles. But just in case, the White Mountains would serve well for hiding. (3) The northeast is beautiful and has a history of witches (Salem!) (4) Boston/NY are close by so they can use them as transportation centers... just think... our very own platform 9 3/4! and (5) Goosefoots because it is the name of a flower just like Hogwarts (Rowling's inspiration)

working