jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When do you validate your word count for NaNoWriMo?

1. Skylar Spring profile image75
    Skylar Springposted 6 years ago

When do you validate your word count for NaNoWriMo?

Are you supposed to validate the word count daily or before or on a certain date? Or does it not matter as long as it's before the end of November?

Be kind, I'm a first timer with this smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It's up to you. You can do it every day or wait until the end of the month.

3. Perspycacious profile image80
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

I am new to HubPages, too, and definitely the wrong person to ask.  But, if validation is required as your question implies, it is the first I have heard of it. Take heart though, many programs such as Office have a tool for giving accurate word counts on written materials.  Check the program(s) you use, and I am sure one or more will have that tool available.
    On HubPages there is a counter showing automatically at the top of your pieces where you are clicking "Done Editing."
    Now a question for you from me:  where did you read about "validate the word count" and didn't that reading tell you how and when?

4. Skylar Spring profile image75
    Skylar Springposted 6 years ago

@Uninvited Writer... Thanks I wasn't too sure. I never did NaNoWriMo before. I think I might validate everyday.

@Perspycacious... Thank you for your detailed answer smile However, I was referring to National Novel Writing Month, not hubpages. No worries, there is no word count validation on hubpages. I've been here almost four months now smile Welcome to the hub btw smile

working