Have you ever written an e-book?

1. baygirl33 profile image59
    baygirl33posted 6 years ago

Have you ever written an e-book?

I'm wondering how complicated this is,and do you have to pay to do it?

2. Borsia profile image42
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Its called "Smart Safe Traveler" and, as you might guess, it is about travel planning and travel safety.
    I wrote it from the prospective of someone who travels in the 3rd world but the same things apply no matter where you go.
    It's 160 pages with only a few graphics and very little fluff.
    I have a website by the same name.
    It is also on Amazon.
    But I am a better writer than promoter and I haven't sold many copies yet.
    Check out the website and feel free to send me any questions through the contact page.
    Writing one isn't particularly hard you can use any text program, I use Word but any will work.
    Converting it to a PDF isn't too hard I happen to own Adobe Acrobat but there are lots of other programs. It takes a bit of tech know how to get everything linked in correctly if you want an active table of contents and internal / external links, whether you will need that depends on the subject matter.
    Converting it to the format for electronic readers, like Kindle, is a bit of a nut to crack. If you aren't very savvy technically it will be tough, but it can be done.
    Expense wise there are free programs for just about anything these days as open source.
    "Open Office" is a good starting point and it's free.
    The only real expense is that you will need a website. It doesn't need to be very fancy.
    Listing on Amazon is free you pay a charge when someone buys it.

3. mortimerjackson profile image57
    mortimerjacksonposted 6 years ago

I am a self-published author, and I have written several e-novels, and I plan on writing more. You don't have to pay for it. Amazon Kindle and Smashwords provide a free platform for you to publish your work. I believe that Nook also has a platform for selling e-books. I'm not entirely familiar with it, but the deal should be the same.