jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's going on at Facebook?

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 6 years ago

What's going on at Facebook?

Why does Facebook penalize those who befriend to many people under the Facebook list of "People You May Know"?

2. Prblmchild31 profile image57
    Prblmchild31posted 6 years ago

Because they are just jealius you have more friends then them lol j/k. On a serious note all I can figure is maybe they think you really dont know those people and are just trying to make a popularity contest. Which they do frown on that. Hope I was helpful, otherwise I have no clue.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

You could be friending too many people at one time, and in one day.

4. Tom_Radford profile image61
    Tom_Radfordposted 6 years ago

I expect Facebook thinks you're using black hat techniques to get friends. Facebook is a social thing for most people but it's also an advertising platform and social marketing tool. Facebook likes to think that everything that happens on the site is 'organic' and not cheating ... however, they're kidding themselves really. For example, i've got about 200 friends on Facebook...when will i ever have time to talk to 200 people? In fact, most of them I'll probably never speak to. So what's the difference between 200 and 10,000?

5. profile image55
    tlmntim9posted 6 years ago

Just one of the many rules designed to keep writers at a disadvantage to the quick, repetitive regurgitate of meaningless information and trivia, that the uninformed, uneducated, university graduate thrive on as it requires no thought or effort.. Just try to write a bit of serious literature and see what type of response the 'STAFF" gives your work. Will most likely will be pulled in a matter of days. I often have a beter score when I stop submitting stories and poems.
    FREE SPEACH? HA HA, WAKE UP, brother is watching.