jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you know for sure the categories of poems is the right one you have picke

1. graebear profile image69
    graebearposted 6 years ago

How do you know for sure the categories of poems is the right one you have picked .

Is it a poem or is it not ? Questions I ask myself before I  publish .

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

There's no knowing for sure, but if you've tried like hell to change it and it won't change, that's a good sign.  If your hair stands up when you read it, that's a good sign.  If every excess word is gone, that's a good sign.

And if it is its own category, that's a very good sign.

3. ROBERTHEWETTSR profile image78
    ROBERTHEWETTSRposted 6 years ago

I think the hubpages process works fine and whatever category you select
    will likely be the one showing on your hubpage.  That being said, it is
    my opinion that the categories and subcategories for poetry are very
    limited and need to be expanded.  The type of poetry is not limited to
    style but should include family, religious, faith, nursery rhymes, just
    to mention a few.  A lot of the poetry forums generate a lot of new
    poetry styles all the time. How many of them are worthy of a category or sub-category is open to question. My point is that these categories for hubpages need to be reviewed on a
    regular timetable to keep them more up to date and to include new styles and missed
    categories. An example, Nellianna just posted a hubpage that contains
    numerous poems and photos or paintings.  What style is it, I just call
    it "Great" for there is no one word description for it.

4. graebear profile image69
    graebearposted 6 years ago

So very true .Thank You for your input . I have been thinking in the same way .We are limited to a list that needs updated   True about  this/ your statement  . I have read the definitions of the categories many times over  and still at times have not found the right area to be labeled . So at times I feel it lessen my chances of it being found in a search if not properly label/categorized .... true or untrue . But then that is why we have ..tags and  now summaries to , to help the search engines / the person searching ..... yes or no  .

5. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

This is a tough question for me, because many of my hubs can fit in many differing subjects.  Your best bet is too try to narrow down the subject that fits your poems style of writing, and overall depth of meaning.  This may render you a close enough position for your poems category of choosing. 

That's what I do each time and its landing me some pretty good results in SEO as well as high ranking results thus far for each poem I publish.  I think only one of my poems was a dud, but that's pretty acceptable to me knowing how many I've completed thus far.