jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you know if the category you choose to put your hub in is the right one??

1. mom4autism profile image78
    mom4autismposted 5 years ago

How do you know if the category you choose to put your hub in is the right one??

I am never sure which category to choose as my hubs seem like they can fit in many....

2. sandonia profile image82
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

Hierarchical categories, such as HubPages uses, are not always sufficient as a classification system. There are often times when a hub will fit into multiple categories and other times when they'll only fit in one. I wouldn't worry too much about it, so long as it's a relevant to the category. In other words, there really is no "right" answer.

3. yeagerinvestments profile image85
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

Like Sandonia said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have several articles that are published in general categories and receive traffic. With that being said, the more specific, the better

4. Modern Lady profile image71
    Modern Ladyposted 5 years ago

Choosing a topic is not an exact science.  Hubpages categorization system is not perfect and there is a lot of overlap between topics.  As long as you get reasonably close and the topic you choose makes sense, it's fine.

5. Petfriends profile image60
    Petfriendsposted 5 years ago

I find it challenging as well, always doubting myself. It's too bad you cannot cross promote in multiple categories.

working