jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best place to get book pictures to use in book reviews. I have used

1. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

What is the best place to get book pictures to use in book reviews. I have used scans but now wonder

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Many publishers have websites that offer graphics to use for book reviews.  If I received the book for free from a publisher, I use their photo.  Otherwise, I take my own photo and upload it.

3. tammyswallow profile image95
    tammyswallowposted 6 years ago

There are some great scanning wand you can buy. It functions just like a regular scanner, but you take it from the top to the bottom of the page or picture. You don't need to try to scan it around the text. Also, if you have a good camera (and I assume you do with your photo hubs) you can take a picture of the picture in the book and upload it. Then you can cut out unwanted text. Hope this helps!

4. Jila777 profile image75
    Jila777posted 6 years ago

If you are an affiliate of Amazon.com, you are free to use pictures of the book covers for your reviews or articles. Amazon probably sells the most books online. They have books on every subject you can think of.

It's free to join their Associate (affiliate) program and they provide you with affiliate links and instruction on how to use them or how to just the photo and and text links for your articles.

5. Rain Defence profile image91
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

What about using google images?

6. Alexander Brenner profile image83
    Alexander Brennerposted 6 years ago

I am with Rain Defence,

If you go to Google Images Advanced Search and go down to Usage Rights, you can check a box for only showing images that are available for reuse. Free images by the tons!

7. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

Thanks you all for your suggestions. I will explore them further.

8. B. Leekley profile image91
    B. Leekleyposted 6 years ago

If the book is still in print, consider asking the publisher about images of the book. I imagine that a small publisher would be honored and pleased to get a book reviewed and would go out of their way to be helpful. They might, for instance, have a PDF kit for the author's marketing efforts and for reviewers. With information from the publisher, you could give due credit not only to the author and the publisher of the work but also the book designer.

It seems likely that a small publisher would put a link on their site to your review, to give the book prestige and increase sales.