Is there a simple points system or step by step guide to self-publishing on Lulu

1. leni sands profile image76
    leni sandsposted 6 years ago

Is there a simple points system or step by step guide to self-publishing on

I've been trying to publish on Lulu and although I have got one book on there (with notices outstanding), I am finding it really complicated to list my books due to all the layout rules and regulations - do you know if is there a simple method available without ploughing through tons of text? A simple points system or step by step guide.  All the guides on Lulu seem to go for ever and require lots of concentration.  I have four ebooks on Amazon and that was fairly simple.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

If you find out let me know. I'm in the process of publishing my book with Amazon. I did take a look at Lulu and simply from the services side (editing, press releases, front and back cover design, Kindle, availability in libraries and bookstores such as Barnes & Noble, promotional text...etc) Lulu was over $4000 while Amazon was around $2500.
    Granted it is a lot cheaper for both Lulu and Amazon if one simply wants to pdf their manuscript and have them print copies (without using any of their services).
    With this being my first book I just didn't want to have to go through all the back and forth of submitting files until it was in an acceptable format and I liked the idea of overseeing the project while a team assisted me. I also reasoned that it could not hurt having them sending it out a 1000 press releases on the book's behalf. It's been said that writing a book is the easy part. The real work is in selling it. lol

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The simplest method I can think of is to download one of their preformatted layouts, which are available for any supported book size. Also, avoid problems with embedded fonts by sticking to conventional fonts and not using too many different fonts in the same project.