jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it OK to post the same writing on different blog sites?

1. dmop profile image78
    dmopposted 5 years ago

Is it OK to post the same writing on different blog sites?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

It depends on where you are posting. For example, you can not post a hub when you have already posted it on other site. Some sites don't mind.

3. KBEvolve profile image76
    KBEvolveposted 5 years ago

What would be the fun in that? In fact, it sounds downright boring. Oh, and it would be counterproductive as well,

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

Not if one of those sites is HubPages.  Dupicate content is not accepted here.  Nor are the search engines particularly enamoured of the practice.

I like the simplicity of "one sity only" writing.  Whenever anyone askes me how they can "find my stuff" on the Internet, I respond with, "Just Google [Ghost32  HubPages]."

5. Dennis AuBuchon profile image83
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 5 years ago

It is not acceptable to post the same article on multiple sites as you are penalized in the search engines for the same article being on multiple sites.  While it provides more exposure for your writing it can have a negative effect. 

There are two definitons of what is a duplicate article.  The first is an exact copy and the other is one that changes some of the paragraph information but not enough to consider it to be a different article.  From what I have learned you can take an article and restructure change the wording in at least 20-30%.making it appear to be a different article and not penalized by the search engines.

6. LoriSoard profile image73
    LoriSoardposted 5 years ago

HubPages won't let you publish duplicate content. I even had a piece stolen and had trouble using it here (I had written a sample and the company stole it without my permission.). I also agree with what others have said about rankings being hurt on just about any site. It is better to have a few, unique and high-quality articles than to repeat.

working