jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have variations of the same Hub on different sites?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Do you have variations of the same Hub on different sites?

I found myself wanting to explore and check out other writing sites, just to see what they're about. The problem is that I have such a good portfolio here, I always want to put my good stuff on Hubpages. To test out my writing, I chose a topic and wrote about it different ways on different sites. Have you done this? Was it successful?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

Actually, You need to not only make HP happy by not duplicating a Hub on another site, but you have to make sure that even if you "re-work" a Hub, make sure that the Great Google doesn't find duplicate text that will make them tag both as "duplicate or copied works.

3. Mouche profile image72
    Moucheposted 4 years ago

I keep a number of blogs on various topics in various languages. Some of my articles here have a Dutch variant (as in different article about the same topic) (never a close translation) somewhere else. Duplicating your articles is not a good idea. Hubpages wants original content. I want to write my more serious articles here and publish light articles somewhere else.

4. Richawriter profile image94
    Richawriterposted 4 years ago

I agree with the other two guys, however, some people have a knack for writing the same article several times in several different ways and on several different sites. If you can do it comfortably enough and it doesn't take up too much of your time to sit and rewrite it go for it.

When I rewrite my stuff I simply expand on different points and perhaps deduct others or add several more to give it that originality.

You are still providing valuable information to the world and putting it in as many places as possible so it is more easily available therefore as long as you avoid the duplicate label you are doing good.

Good luck!

5. yupperclub profile image75
    yupperclubposted 4 years ago

The only thing I might do (have not done it yet) is maybe quote a sentence or two on a personal blog (to further publicize myself as a budding author).  Nothing to say duplicate content - I believe in great Godfather Google, too, and I do want to make hubpages happy.  The reason for the quotes or possible introductory summary of a new article would lead to a link of the article for interest blog readers to go to hubpages and read the entire article.  An enticement - not a duplication of words.

6. Li Galo profile image79
    Li Galoposted 4 years ago

I do write about the same topic on different platforms but you couldn't say any one of them is a duplicate of another.  For example, I wrote a hub on museums and monuments to visit in DC.  But when I reworked this idea on one of my blogs, it wasn't an article.  It was a blog.  So, right away, I'm writing from the first person on the blog.  Therefore, I'm not writing as a professional writing an article - as I would be on HP.  On the blog, I'm writing as a friend talking to another friend.  The tone, the information, the pictures are all going to be completely different.  In life, the way I tell my boss a story in person is going to be more "formal" and shorter then the way I tell my drinking buddies the same story.  In the same vein, the way I write an article is not going to be the same as the way I blog on the same topic. The focus is shifted and the approach is completely different.

working