jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do we really need the Followers Accolade?

1. Larry Fields profile image78
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

Do we really need the Followers Accolade?

Yes, having lots of Followers increases traffic to one's hubs. That's a good thing. And so was the Followers Accolade at first. Now people who are nice in all other respects have figured out how to game the system. Quid pro quo: I'll follow you if you reciprocate. It even has a name: backfollowing. This is a distraction, and it's slightly unfair to Hubbers who don't play games.

We can already see how many Followers a Hubber has, without the redundant Accolade. I say: Let's dump it. That may put a small dent in the gamesmanship. How do you feel about the Followers Accolade?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6123492_f260.jpg

2. jamesfl202 profile image57
    jamesfl202posted 6 years ago

yes, we need it for all practical purposes

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

I am for keeping it. Off the top of my head, I follow three people who follow me. I do not follow people simply because they follow me. I go by the subject and quality of their Hubs. From the fan mail I receive from people when they first follow me, it appears that they feel the same.

4. Johnrr631992 profile image87
    Johnrr631992posted 6 years ago

To be honest, I follow 2 people who follow, me and one of them is my brother. Other than that, personally i do not want random people following me who aren't going to read my hubs, as this is pointless, so if you follow me i would hope you enjoy reading my hubs, and want to read further, not simply following me to increase your own numbers. I mean hell, i guess if over time i acquire 1000 followers i may feel a little special, but this goes with the same with twitter. If people are just following you to follow you, then you are defeating the purpose altogether. Personally i think a lot of the accolades are silly, i mean for instance, how many hubs you have posted. If you cannot see how many hubs someones posted, but can view their accolade, well then, ill let you fill in the blank you are an _____... I mean the only ones that i value, are the level of commentator, and the ones that congratulate your hubs, beyond that, i think the accolades department is for the most part pointless, and only a means of showing off.. BUT that doesn't mean i think we should get rid of any of them wink

5. Larry Fields profile image78
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

I'd  like to thank everyone who answered my question.

working