jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you get more creative when your intoxicated?

1. radicalmovements profile image74
    radicalmovementsposted 6 years ago

Do you get more creative when your intoxicated?

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 6 years ago

I used to think so, but in fact no.

I used to draw a lot when smoking, but wasn't very good compared to straight, so that blew that idea out of the water. I haven't done anything like that in years and am pleased to have a clear head.

I'm currently on meds which mean I can't drink alcohol and can't say I miss that much as it clouds rather than enhances.

3. singleaple profile image72
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

Having a drink can certainly lube up the thought processes. You can write with a thought flow speed that is impressive.  It is probably best to have the creative processes already in place before you start to lube up.

4. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

I don't necessarily go out of my way to do so but do feel it can loosen me up a bit. Meaning, I don't think I'm as analytical of myself so it flows a bit more easily sometimes. Of course too much and one may wake up thinking..."I put that on the net!"

5. savanahl profile image72
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

Being intoxicated can definitely bring out emotions that you would not other wise let out, but if you're in tune with who you are and what you feel those emotions can translate more creatively when sober.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

No--alcohol is a depressant, and as such, it turns off our internal censors.  This explains idiotic behavior such as the stereotypical "dancing on the table with a lampshade on one's head." 
    All it does is turn off the little voice inside that otherwise would yell, "Hey, stupid!  Not smart; not cute; not a good idea!"

working