Give me seven major qualities of a good copy editor?
Please write the points and elaborate them in not less than 500 words. It will definitely help you to share knowledge and other younger friends of you who are aspiring to become a good copy editor.
1. Speed - they're always on deadline
2. A thorough knowledge of grammar rules
3. A good eye for sentence construction
4. Accuracy (don't change it if it's correct - some editors actually edit in errors)
5. Good skills in punctuation
6. The ability to cut the length of something without cutting out the heart of the story
7. Enough knowledge about the subject to recognize when there are holes in the story, or enough awareness of what you DON'T know to check with the writer before ruining it.
1. The rewrite content when necessary to make things clear.
2. They remove bias and offensive prose (more liberal in self-publishing ).
3. They rearrange and reword content.
4. They research and verify sourced data.
5. They "style" your manuscript--making sure abbreviations, hyphens, numbers, etc. are used in the same way, consistently, throughout.
6. They line edit--up to those minute details such as an extra space after a period.
7. They check for copyright restrictions.
by rishworld7 years ago
I always adopt all the good qualites of people around me...... DOES that mean I'm a copy cat....what i think that i learn frm everybody,,,, all the good qualities,,,,,, nd many times i adopt them,,,,,,,,,, so does that...
by Tony7 years ago
I live in saudi arabia, one of the richest countries on the planet, however the internet is worse than most third world countries and generaly as reliable as a chocolate teapot...I tried to do a hub in my lunch hour...
by leeroper9 years ago
I write all my content within a word editor on my pc, when I copy and paste my content into the visual editor it appears fine. Then after saving, it includes additional code in my submission. To remove this I have to...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.