jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Where do you get your inspiration for writing topics?

1. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Where do you get your inspiration for writing topics?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

It won't help you to know. I am a right brained male. I just sit down at the keyboard, and we are off to the races.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

This is going to sound strange, but a sentence will pop into my head.  Depending on what the line is, it might be a poem, it might give me an idea for a story.  I write the line down.  My poem "Tangibly Invisible," starts with the line, "She cries as she walks."

That line just popped into my head, I had no idea what the poem would be about, but I wrote the line down and out it flowed.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

I have some muses that are my friends, and other times it just pops in... I'm not sure where those ideas come from. Most of the time I write without thought or reason and it turns out my readers enough it. Sheer luck I suppose.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

By what I see. Society, life experiences, what ticks me off, my interests, etc. If I see something interesting that I never new before and wish to tell others about my new knowledge, I create a hub about the topic.

6. MichaelWriter profile image60
    MichaelWriterposted 6 years ago

I read anything I can get my hands on--websites, newspapers, magazines. And from there I try to think of related topics to stories that would be interesting to others (and myself).

7. profile image56
    wim99posted 6 years ago

Upon refection...I often use 3x5 cards filled with ideas that I have brainstormed. Sometimes I just start filling out the cards with great ideas, concepts, titles, names, and plots. These often help me when I come to the apex of the dream, and can't write anymore. Other times, I generally use an outline, that is detailed as much as possible.

8. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Many Hubbers join the "Weekly Topic Inspiration" Program to get new ideas for Hubs. Check it out: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Week … nspiration

Hope this helps!

JSMatthew~

working