jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why would you buy a book in a bookstore if you can get it online 30 or 40% cheap

1. miloskc profile image57
    miloskcposted 6 years ago

Why would you buy a book in a bookstore if you can get it online 30 or 40% cheaper?

2. Dark knight rides profile image73
    Dark knight ridesposted 6 years ago

Nostalgia. I still love the feel of a book in my hand as I'm reading. I do enjoy my iPad when I'm at class, but being able to sit in a chair and flip through a book. And not everything is available electronically. There are still a couple of authors out there that haven't agreed to publish as e-books.

3. ar.colton profile image84
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

I do it to support local business. I only buy online if I can't find the book in an independent book store.

4. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

I share recipe books and books on health with my family and friends. We do exchanges once in awhile.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I understand what you are saying.  But unfortunately small independent bookstores pay as much for the book as Amazon sells them for.  So while I understand saving money, it will be the undoing of small independent merchants.

Merchants, unless a big chain like Barnes and Noble, simply don't get the breaks buying only a few copies. Independent stores pay 80% of the cover price for a book so it makes it nearly impossible to stay in business.

working