jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What inspiration do your get from your children?

1. MojoDawg profile image59
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

What inspiration do your get from your children?

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

To see more, to do more,  to understand more......to simply.........progress.

3. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 6 years ago

My childrens' energy inspires me, all the time.  They never stop asking questions, and laughing, having fun and seeing potential in everything.  I strive to be like my children as much as possible - that's what keeps me writing.

They inspire my stories as well - there are characters that have some of their traits in my work.  How could I not write about them - they're incredible!

4. chander mehra profile image59
    chander mehraposted 6 years ago

To love, to give in love, not to demand or expect, to give, always. love concrete, forever, to learn to derive happiness from their growth from ordinary to exceptional.

5. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

My children bring me much joy. They are grown now and I am enjoying the grandkids, but when they were little i could not wait to see their faces in the morning. I was probally too attached to my kids, maybe why we are so close today. There was nothing I did not do for my girls, whom all were good kids and all have college degrees working in their skilled area. We spent lots of time together as a family, i helped with homework, we took family trips and i always allowed they to bring a friend. ( at no cost to the parent) We had family talks about dating, attire, school work etc. There was not hidden agenda's they understood my rules and i understood their feelings. I would not trade anything for the time we spent together. I love children that is why I took in more than 15 of my children's friends, and has worked in Education for more than 25 years. Today i watch my two daughters and their family continue the tradition of being great moms, that alone is enought to get up for each day.