jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

You can only read works from one author for the rest of your life, which author

1. ashatt profile image70
    ashattposted 6 years ago

You can only read works from one author for the rest of your life, which author do you choose & why?

2. singleaple profile image71
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

Me - if I am going to spend time listening to some egotistical rantings - they may as well be mine.

3. Sky9106 profile image75
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

For me it's quite easy and it's the truth. It's going to be "The Bible" and why? It is undoubtedly the most fascinating, the most helpful, and the only book I have continuously gotten the most answers to all questions I ever had.

Give Thanks.

4. catfish33 profile image80
    catfish33posted 6 years ago

Bill James, because I learn a lot not only about baseball, but politics and history as well.  His writing style is an influence on me.

5. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

'Meditations' by Marcus Aurelius, because I imagine, if I could only read one author for the rest of my life, I'd have been cast adrift from the life that I know, somehow.   This would be so hard.  I'd need the wisdom and guidance of Marcus Aurelia's incredible words.  They are perfect.

6. rLcasaLme profile image73
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

The Holy Spirit. I swear I'd never wear out reading His works.

7. Bukarella profile image84
    Bukarellaposted 6 years ago

It would be tough to narrow it down, but I would take a very logical approach to it. Giving up the entire reading world would be difficult for me, so I would have to pick an author that follows these three criteria:

#1. He/She wrote long books.
    #2. He/She wrote MANY long books
    #3. He/She wrote MANY long books that keep my attention and interest.

Jodi Picoult is up there, so is Stephen King (although, I'd be worried that my life will be filled with too many nightmares if I picked him heh), Judith McNaught (okay, okay, it's cheesy romance, but there are a lot of them, and they are all rather thick), maybe Shakespeare (I know he can be difficult to decipher, but I could get used to the language, and his stories are fascinating; also, they offer a nice variety: you get anything from comedy to tragedy).

So there.

8. profile image0
    jambo87posted 6 years ago

Kurt Vonnegut ––funny, moral, prolific, satirical, light, dense, entertaining as hell.