Will using my own book in a hub 'Write and Publish your first book' amount to s

1. Africanus profile image59
    Africanusposted 6 years ago

Will using my own book in a hub 'Write and Publish your first book' amount to  self promotion?

My book, 'The People of the Land' is scheduled for publication on 3/12, and will shortly afterwards be available on amazon and Barnes and Noble among other outlets, in both hard copy and ebook.
    The series of 3 hubs - General, Fiction, and Non-fiction - will be solely and exclusively concerned with relating my experiences  from conception to publication. However, I have the impression that some hubs could be disallowed if they are thought to promote the writer's work.

2. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Africanus-Congratulations to you!  I understand your concern, but technically, each time we post a new hub and ask for our followers to read it we are promoting our own work.  Right?  I've seen many hubbers advertise their book within their profile.  As for overly promoting, I don't have a published work yet, however, I would put it in a hub and add other unbiased material to it to balance it.

Additionally, there are other hubbers who have written work and I would suggest contacting them for their experience: VietnamVet; Bobbirant; Saddlerider1; Eiddwenna; SunnieDay are a few that come to my mind. 

And, finally, when in doubt ask the hubber team and if they don't have the answer do it and see what comes out of it.  There is more than one way to reach your goal.  smile  Good luck

3. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

I think you can because there is an optional box to tick, that asks if the Hub is Commercial when you are preparing your Hub. I promote ebooks on some of my Hubs, but as Denise advised - you can contact the Hub Team.

Ps. I just remembered - Pete Maida is a Hubber I have known for over 2 years. At the end of all his Hubs, he always puts his Books from Amazon. Just checked it now and it's still there. Check his latest Hub http://petemaida.hubpages.com/hub/Socia … -the-Young