jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What is the shortest amount of time it ever took you to write a Hub?

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image88
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

What is the shortest amount of time it ever took you to write a Hub?

Did that Hub receive a score of at least 80 - 85?

2. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I would say within 3 days or so. Simple reason is because I normally publish my hubs when they are about 50. So with good traffic, within 3-5 days would be able to hit 80 I would say.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

For me it was two days. This probably seems very long to a number of hubbers, but the articles I write usually need a good deal of research and verification before I publish. So for me on this particular hub, it was really good going. I also try and leave hubs for a minimum of 24 hours then re-read them as a way of proof reading - it's amazing how many errors and other things you find when you look at an article with fresh eyes! so I honestly don't think I would ever publish a hub in one day.

The two-day hub was published at 79 and quite quickly went up into the 80+'s.

4. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

A couple of hours.  But most of my Hubs are quite time-consuming.  The one I'm about to publish (on how to write the I-IV-V-I chord progression) has taken probably 15 hours or more, and will take a bit more yet.  (A lot of that is due to preparing the musical examples, especially the video examples.)  Some have taken a good deal more than that, due to the extensive research required.  (For example, for my book reviews I usually read the book twice through, making notes.)

And yes--that 'quickest Hub' is currently at 83. (It's peak rating I *think* was around 89 or 90.)  It won't do well over the longer term, though--it's not 'evergreen.'

5. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I've written a ten minute hub.  No it didn't get that score.
    Most of my hubs take much longer.

6. VeronicaFarkas profile image83
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

My hubs usually only take a few hours... never more than a day. The shortest was about 30 minutes. It did achieve that score at the time, but has dropped since (it's not an evergreen article).

I don't invest too much energy, though, in the hub scores. None of them have been unusually low, but I more enjoy the writing & interacting with others, than the score. =]

7. vinner profile image76
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

Me also take enough time. Never bother about the time taken. Make it more good taking your own time

8. chicagoguy profile image75
    chicagoguyposted 6 years ago

it takes good amount of time to write a good hub !!
    usually more than thirty minutes

9. xrocker30 profile image75
    xrocker30posted 6 years ago

My shortest hub probably took at least two hours.  I like to research the topic heavily and make sure my information in accurate and original.  However, none of my hubs seem to get a good score which I'm not sure why.

10. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Haiku or other short poems take only a few minutes for me. Poetry rarely gets such high score upon first being published.

11. iviskei profile image72
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

3 days....I'm a really slow writer. And that's after I've done the research. lol! Sadly, it didn't start out 80-85 but it did work up to it.

12. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3542070_f260.jpg

Maybe about one hour after I had my pictures and video put in.

13. eddiecarrara profile image93
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

Wow!  This is great, I thought it was me, my hubs usually take about 8 hrs, my quickest one was about 3hrs. I never have a high score right out of the gate but with time they do OK.  I do write evergreen  so I focus more on delivering good content for the long haul and don't pay too much attention to the hub score, I figure if I write a good hub, a good score will follow and so will the traffic. I thought I was the only one who spent hours at writing and gathering info.  Thanks for asking the question Daisy smile

14. catfish33 profile image81
    catfish33posted 6 years ago

The Joys of Living Alone, once I sat down to write it, took about 45 minutes.  Most of them take about 1-2 hours, particularly the baseball pieces, because I usually have four tabs open to make sure I get the stats right.

15. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

The question should be restated to say "What is the shortest amout of time it ever took you to write a Profitable Hub?

Anyone can pump out a 10 minute hub...

working