jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who's the best author for you? why? I love Stephen King!

1. officialvillas profile image61
    officialvillasposted 6 years ago

Who's the best author for you? why? I love Stephen King!

2. gabrielthomas72 profile image75
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

I do like King, but as a fan of Graphic Novels, far and away my favourite is Alan Moore. (Watchmen, V for Vendetta)
    He has an amzing ability to create incredibly complex characters and storylines.

3. HendrikDB profile image60
    HendrikDBposted 6 years ago

Lee Child the author of the Reacher series. The reason is that the created a hero that the everyday person can associate with - it is not like the James Bondish super, techno hero.

4. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 6 years ago

Mine is and will always be Stephen King.  He is such an awesome author and I absolutely love the way he connects each of his books together in some way, and at the same time, keeps them separate. 
    He is such an inspiration to everyone who ever wanted to get into writing

5. Dexter Yarbrough profile image81
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

My favorite author is Alexandre Dumas. His book, "The Count of Monte Cristo" is my all time favorite. He was a master of mixing suspense and adventure with real history.

6. Dee42 profile image77
    Dee42posted 6 years ago

I also love KING, but my favorite is Dean Koontz, just love the suspense thriller novels.

7. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

I have two: Isaac Asimov and H.G. Wells.

They're the authors that helped shape my reading as a kid.

8. Silver Poet profile image75
    Silver Poetposted 6 years ago

My current favorite author is Ted Dekker. I love the way he employs words and paints effectively with them. I also love the way he twists plots into books you can't put down!

9. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

Stephen King is a great author. There are many. For my money, I like Dan Brown. I love the way he intertwines real places, people, and historical information into a fictional novel including fictional accounts and characters to make a truly believable book. The Da Vinci Code, Angles and Demons, and The Lost Symbol were all riveting, kept the reader in suspense, and were extremely well researched and written.

working